Microflown AVISA develops and markets highly innovative and complete battlefield acoustic solutions, providing 3D situational awareness by detecting, localizing and classifying the full range of audible battlefield threats, such as small arms fires, rockets, artillery and mortars and engine driven platforms (heavy ground vehicles, helicopters and UAV’s).
The benefits to the user of the acoustic vector sensing technology are:
- Low power consumption; persistent operations
- Passive; undetectable, flown sensor cannot be jammed
- Acoustic; day & night operations, line-of-sight not required, all-weather (temperature, dust, fog, rain, smoke)
- Inherent directional; small form factor allows miniaturized sensor packaging
- Inherent broadband; simultaneously sensing various threat types having an acoustic signature in low and high frequencies